Forgeworld Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought WIP 2

Hi all

For my second post today I bring a small up date on my forgeworld venerable dreadnought. So far I've assembled the major components, magnetized the arms and done any greenstuff work that was required.


As you'll notice the wolf pelt banner isn't attached to it yet. Partly this is because I've noticed its slightly warped and will need correcting and partly because I intend to paint it separately. 



You can see that there is greenstuff just to the left of the bit the arms goes onto. This wasn't because of any flaw in the resin. I found that the plasma cannon was just slightly too heavy to stay where it should and ended up pointing at the floor. It stayed level fine until you knocked the model a bit and then it just pivoted down. To prevent this I placed a second magnet just behind where the gun fits on and placed a corresponding magnet in the arm (see picture below). I also did this to the assault cannon even though it didn't move anywhere just to be on the safe side.


Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments, be they good or bad or somewhere in between.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment