The Greater Good Gets a Great Overhaul WIP 1


Well hello all,
its been a very long time since I posted anything, it doesn't help having a very busy life and then moving house and having no internet for a month! But it was all worth it as I'm now relocated closer to friends, work and certain gaming stores.... also I now have a permanent table to throw down on. This has been at least once a week for the last month or so, so i'm getting in practice!

I may not be winning (damn you Ghazghkull!) but I'm learning very quickly. My regular opponent gifted me with his old Tau force, which I'm repainting (along with my own). My Cadre now consists of 2x Ethereals, Shadowsun, O'Shova, 5x Crisis Suits, 2x Broadsides, 4x Fire Warrior squads, 2x Kroot squads, a Stealth Team 2x Devilfish and a Hammerhead. Which is really the point of my post today.

I've gone a bit Hammerhead mad and I've fiddled with my Devilfish and ordered 2x Hammerhead weapon sprus from GW so I can field them as either. The next game we have will see 3 of them take to the field. More is good right?

For the new scheme I've gone down the full camouflage route, though its not really clear on the photos there is some subtle air-brushed patterns, which look awesome close up (if I do say so myself).



I'm really pleased with how they're going so far, it helps that today I discovered Vallejo do proper airbrush paints in my local DIY shop, so a couple of bottles later, I had some great looking tanks! As you can probably see they're still not finished yet, but I have a bit of time to myself over the next week and hopefully I'll have them done by the weekend.

Well that's my update for today, and I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to come! Thanks for reading and if you have any comments, good, bad or in-between feel free to add them below.

Zebulon

No comments:

Post a Comment