For Dorn! For The Emperor!: Imperial Fists Chaplain

Hi all. 

Today Is my birthday (Happy Birthday to me I guess haha) and I thought I'd share pictures of one of a pair of the models I've been working on for the last few weeks. First up it's an Imperial Fists Chaplain. It's the chaplain model from the Betrayal at Clath set. I picked it up off ebay but for the life of me I can't remember when. 

So on with some pictures.

 More after the jump. 




I really like how the model has turned out. Kind of stupidly I started with the cloak which I did regret later but just had to do my best to work around it. Having said that the cloak is possibly my favourite part of the finished model. I spent a long time working on it, using my wet palette to try and create nice smooth tranisitions and I think it's turned out really well. I also decided to go for a predominantly cream crozius as I wanted something a bit different to the big chuck of gold you might usually see. Myself and Zebulon joked it would never stay clean but came up with the idea that the blood of traitors and xenos was such an anathema to such a symbol of Imperialness that blood, dirt and such would simply just not stick. I suppose some kind of secret, lost hyrophobic tech built into it and now forgotten. 

Well that's all for today. Thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave a comment be it good, bad or somewhere in between. 

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment