Tau Workshop: Finished Heavy Bombardment Hammerhead




Hi all,

Im back again on my Tau streak this time with the finished Heavy Bombardment Hammerhead. It has taken a couple of weeks working on it a little at a time, but I can honestly say Im happy with it!



Keeping with the purple and grey scheme I chose many years ago the addition of yellow (introduced by Blackmane on my flyers) and using the newish GW gemstone paint Waystone green hafs fully cemented the scheme for me. Everything will be done this way gping forwards, maybe with a little update to one or two previously painted pieces to bring them up to date.





As you can tell, particularly in this picture, the green gem paint really pops on the hatch panes and the lights/sensors. Really really love how it looks!


This is also the first time in a long time Ive tried to use transfers on a Tau model and while there aren't many compared to other armies or even the GW 'standard' scheme, but I think add enough extra detail without looking too busy.  Something I'll keep replecating on the rest of my Devilfish/Hammerheads/Skyrays.


Well that's it for now and as always feel free to leave a comment below whether they be good, bad or inbetween and thanks for reading!

Zebulon


No comments:

Post a Comment