40k Chaos: Black Fire Upon Us

Hello all,
its been quite a while since I've posted anything here on Sign Of The Aquila, but that doesn't mean things haven't happened. I picked up Dark Vengeance for a start! It was very hard to resist those rather sublime Chaos mini's and so it looks like I'm delving in to Chaos. Just a small force, similar to the Vostroyans I'm working on and the Dark Angels too. Nice choice of allies there lol.

Anyway, the idea of the Crimson Slaughter was good, but I fancied doing something a little different with my chaos. So enter The Black Fire. I actually got the name from a song by a band called Dethklok as they have a song called Black Fire Upon Us.

It just happened to come on as I was walking home from work one day and weirdly enough the lyrics seem to fit pretty well as well. Having found this I thought about some quick fulff and I came up with this;

'The Black Fire are a renegade cell of the Alpha Legion, who, whilst stationed near the Cadian Gate were involved in an event known as The Night Of Black Fire. The Adeptus Mechanicus were constructing warp drives for a new expeditionary fleet. The covert actions of the then Draconis Capita cell, caused a chain reaction and detonated the drives, throwing the cell into the Eye of Terror where they reassembled but were propositioned by the God Tzeentch. To whom they have remained loyal ever since. They frequent in and out of the warp only appearing in large numbers when the need arises, otherwise they work independently seducing the populous with sweet whispers about the false Emperor leading them to amass a large number of cultists.'

That's about as far as I've got with the fluff, still tinkering with potential character names etc etc. However I have come up with a rather fetching colour scheme, at least I think so anyway.


The mutations and like will be in dead flesh colours, with hints of blue and purples. That actual cell badge is yet to be decided, as they are now renegade and devoted to Tzeentch, I think it may be worth doing something different.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now, so if you like what you see so far, or don't, feel free to leave comments and criticisms.

Zebulon

No comments:

Post a Comment