Ride now, ride now! Ride for ruin! And the world's ending!

"Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
Fell deeds awake, fire and slaughter!
Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
Ride now, ride now! Ride for ruin! And the world's ending! 
Death! Death! Death! Forth Eorlingas!!"

Hi all

Today I bring some pictures of another additon to my Lord of the Rings forces (Its not an elf!). If you didn't get who it was from the quote above then look below and you'll see who it is. Yes its Theoden, King of Rohan. I decided to get him a couple of weeks ago at the same time I ordered my Dwarf Thane. The reason I ordered this Theoden model is that I've never had a version of Theoden mounted on a horse and I love this model so I decided it was about time to get it. So without any further delay here he is in all his glory.







I am really pleased with how he turned out. I feel I got the face just right, managing to give the impression of age but not over doing it. I'm any happy with the way the horse's 'armour' turned out. Highlighting each of those little rectangles after it had been washed was not so easy but I managed to do it without filling any of the recesses. All in all I feel its a great model, up there with my best painted stuff.

Thanks for reading and as always any comments, good or bad, are welcome.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment