Clan Ektrik Stormvermin Fangleader


Well today I set about tackling my Stormvermin, as a tester for the Clan Ektrik theme, I decided to do my Fangleader first, 4 and a bit  hours later I've just finished him, so I doubt I'll be doing any more today, that's the Stormvermin-athon failed then......


However, I know the theme works, though as you will see in the pics the cloth isn't totally white, as I just thought that Skaven wouldn't have bright white clothes, the commute through tunnels after all, so I toned it down a bit to a light/medium grey colour and followed the steps on the Games Workshop site as to how to do the armour (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=4&aId=13500002a&multiPageMode=true&start=5). Whilst a fiddly method of painting armour, it worked a treat and I am super pleased with how it came out. The only bad part of this model is the feet, as they seem not to have cast properly, very little detail on the feet, so much so I couldn't tell if they were feet or shoes ....

Overall, am very pleased with how he came out, just need to find a quicker way of doing them, as 6hrs for a standalone model isn't bad, just need to work out a painting routine for the rest. They should be more straightforward as the is less character detail on them, the cloth and the armour are the bulk of the painting, no severed heads, speaking of which I went for a classic slightly green look for them, never have been good at painting dead flesh, but I'll learn eventually. As always c&c's are always welcome!

Zebulon



No comments:

Post a Comment