Blackmanes Birthday Present: Imperial Fists Contemptor Dreadnought


Hey all today I bring a little post of what I was cooking for Blackmane's birthday, I wanted to do WIP posts, but that would have given the surprise away! So being the Dreadnought fanatic that I am, I decided to do something special for Blackmane's birthday;



This really was a labour of love for me. I spent at least 25-30 hours doing it, trying to paint it up as good as my abilities would let me! I did it in 3 stages, body, left arm, right arm and spent a good amount of time on each as I didn't want to rush it.








Overall, I was very proud how this came out. I think it's probably one of the best miniatures I've ever painted. Not saying that I'm a phenomenal painter or anything but for me, it's something I'm very proud of, but most of all Blackmane loved it too!

Rather than going on about how I painted it stage by stage here, I'll simply say if anyone would like to know about any of the stages I've done, please drop a comment below. I'm going to do a 'How To' guide to go in the painting section at a later date. Well that's it for today, if you have any comments, please feel free to drop them below.

Zebulon




No comments:

Post a Comment