Zebulon's Scenery Splurge: Fuel Tank

Hi all,

I'm back again with my next piece in the Scenery Splurge. At the same time as making the Filtration Unit on the previous post I cobble together a storage tank.....





This was a really simple build, as you can see above the main body is made from a can. The banding and rivets were cut and punched from 0.25mm plasticard, the 'feet were casting runoff from some Forgewold kit I purchased. I kept them as as soon as I saw them they just screamed 'poured cement ' and they found their way into my bitz box. The nozzle and surround was from the same Robogear kit as the piping I've previously used. 

I cut a circle from the same 0.25mm plasticard and added a bit of card behind it to give it strength, glued it all together and gave it an undercoat of Death Guard Green spray.

Really simple painting of Boltgun Metal on the metal and then a wash of Agrax Earthshade. The green was washed with Athonian Camoshade and after drying the weathering was really thin brushes of brown and small amounts of black oil paint. Starting at the bottom and working to the top I then rubbed the oil paint downwards with my finger to create the streaks.


The base as progressive drybrushes of grey and then a light dry brush of Etherium Blue followed by a splodging of Agrax Earthshade to break it up a bit.

And that's it! I think I'm going to go back and add a hatch on top but I can do that as I make the rest!

Well that's all for now and as always feel free to leave a comment below whether they be good bad or inbetween!

Zebulon


No comments:

Post a Comment