Servants of the Eye!

Hi all,

Today I bring some pictures of my recently completed Morannon Orcs for the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit game. I don't know why I decided to paint these up, I just got the urge to do so. However I am glad I did as I actually really enjoyed doing so and, at the end of the day, that's part of what this hobby is all about.

So on with some pictures.









I'm actually really happy with how these turned out. Nothing fancy admittedly but solid and I think they look good. Normally I really dislike painting orcs but I think the more uniform nature of these really helped in that regard. The other thing I normally struggle with is the skin tones. When you look at the in the films there are plenty of varied skin tones amongst the orcs and I've just never been able to get them looking 'right'. However I decided to just experiemnt with these and I think they turned out reasonably well. Again I'm not saying great or anything but I'm happy with them. The bases were just a simple black with a light to medium drybrush of grey to give an appropriately Mordor look to the base.

Well that's all for today. Thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments below.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment