Skip to main content

Dreadnought Restoration Part 1 WIP

Hi all

Today I bring a small WIP post on my original dreadnought (pictured below). It was one of the first models I got for my space wolves and has served well many times.However after almost 8 years (I think it will be about that) my dreadnought is starting to look a bit worse for wear. The banner pole is hanging on by a thread. The paint job is poor due to many repaints and touch ups. So i decided it was time to give my dreadnought a bit of TLC and seen as I'm working on a venerable dreadnought too its the prefect time to restore it to its former glory.

The picture below is pretty much how it was before I started to work on it. An exception is the banner pole which in this picture is not broken.

I managed to take a fair bit of the paint off the dreadnought so that I wouldn't be adding yet more layers of paint to something already many layers thick. I also removed the greenstuff covering the front of the sarcophagus and renewed it. The reason I did this was you could see fingerprints in it and that's not acceptable by my standards now. I also removed the other details I had stuck to the front of the dreadnought. In place of the sword I've sculpted a rune. The front will have the wolf skull emblem placed back on it and I will be adding a few other details before I get around to undercoating it.

So there we go, the fist steps in my first dreadnought been returned to its former glory so that it may once again kill the enemies of the emperor on the tabletop.

Well that's it for today (well actually there may be more later). As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments, be they good or bad or somewhere in between.



Popular posts from this blog

Start Collecting Skitarii Review

Hey all, today I'm giving my little review on the new Start Collecting Skitarii box. Firstly for a GW price of  £50 ($85) these are exceptional value, in this box set the Dunewalker is £40, Rangers/Vanguard £23.50 and the Dominus £22. Even at £50, that's a £35.50 saving. If you're like me and bought it from an online store ( Goblin Gaming for me, 20% discount and £3.90 postage, just under 50% off standalone retail price)

Scenery: Imperial Sector Buildings WIP

Hi all

Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.

So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).

So lets get on with the pictures.

Slaughterpriest Painting Challenge

Hey all, we're back today with another of myself and Blackmane's painting challenges. Since we both picked up the shiney new version of White Dwarf, we though it fitting to do a challenge based of the Slaughterpriest that came with it. 
We have 2 weeks from today to complete the model in anyway we see fit and then we will put it up as a poll to see who the victor is! 
On a slightly related note, myself and Blackmane have both moved house in the last couple of months each gaining a hobby room/studio. This explains our lack of posts recently and should allow us both increased content for our little blog which we hope you will enjoy going forward.
Paint brushes at the ready..... GO!!