Tau Ethereal - My First Tau

Hi all

Today I bring a few pictures of a Tau Ethereal that I painted up. Normally when I paint something that isn't for me it, its for Zebulon. This time however it was for my flatmate's birthday (Its not till July but I probably won't see him for a while). He doesn't play Warhammer anymore and hasn't for a long time however I know he used to play with the Tau. So when I saw this now oop metal Tau Ethereal I decided it would be a fitting birthday present.

With that here's the first Tau model I've ever painted.









While I was painting this I tried to keep the number of colours to as few as possible. I think the cream and re-brown work really well together and I'm very happy with how its turned out overall. I certainly think it ranks up there with some of my best models. I'm very happy with how the cream turned out as it can be tricky to get it right. I think using my wet palette helped a lot with how it turned out as it allowed me to blend the colours together much easier. It also helped me with blending the cloak colour as well.

Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments, be they good or bad or somewhere in between.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment