Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.
So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).
So lets get on with the pictures.
So first up we have the administratum building. Its the biggest of the buildings that I've put together and I really like how its turned out (commissar for size purposes).
I decided to do these buildings properly so I've actually based them on some hardboard. Originally I was going to just add sand to the base and call it a day but decided that seen as I had gone to the effort of adding a base I may as well make it look good.
To that end I bought some plastic sheets that had had a large block pattern on them. Even thought they are technically meant to be large stones, such as those you would find in walls, they just felt like the right one to use as flooring. I'm hoping to try and make the ones in each type of building look a bit different. So for the administratum I may try for a marble floor effect.
The mechanicum building. Its the same height as the administratum building but covers a much smaller area.
I'm thinking of adding the mechanicus logo to the floor of this building. I may place this towards the empty corner of the base to suggest that the building used to cover a larger area and that this is all that remains.
And finally the two sanctum imperialis buildings. The smaller of the two buildings in the bottom pictures was the first to be assembled. I just used one sprue for the building just to see what could be done only using a single sprue. The second of the buildings in the top two pictures was made using two sprues and was the second building I assembled. I cut one of the doors to the balcony so that is was slightly open just for a bit of a change. I'll most likely add some form of aquila to the floors of these buildings.
Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments, be they good or bad or somewhere in between.