Little and Large : Hobbit and Trolls

Hi all

Today I bring a few pictures of some of the models I've recently finished painting. Been a Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fan I've really been liking the new models that have been coming out for The Hobbit. As a result I bought the Escape From Goblin Town box, making it the first starter box I have ever bought. Then they released the great eagles in plastic and new Gwahir. Then the Rivendell Knights were recently released and I had to have a box of those. I've been wanting  plastic eagles and old style Last Alliance elves on horses for ages. But for today its a mix of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. 

First up we have Bilbo Baggins from the Escape From Goblin Town set. I think its a really nice models with plenty of detail for a plastic figure. He was really easy to paint  and it only took me maybe an hour and a half in total. For the most part I'm happy wit how the model has turned out although I'm not happy with the blue tint I put on the sword. I also need to go back and do the eyes. 


More after the break
Next up I've painted a couple of Mordor trolls. The first is the troll that goes with the Mordor catapult that I've had for quite a while. I think this is the at least 3rd time I've painted this particular troll. This time however I'm actually happy with the finished result. I used the same kind of colours I used to paint a troll for Zebulon a year or so ago. 



At the same time I painted up this plastic Mordor troll that I bought recently. The shop still had it at its old £20.50 price and then had 20% off on top. I couldn't say no. The skin is done the same way as the one above. The armour was simply painted with boltgun metal and then washed with badab black (yes I'm still on old GW paints for the most part). Then a quick drybrush to highlight and it was done. 



 Overall I'm very happy with how both trolls have turned out and they were both quite fun to paint. Its not often I paint monsters for the Lord of the Rings game but its always nice to paint something different from men on foot. 

Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments, be they good or bad or somewhere in between.


Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment