Hunt the Fallen: Dark Angels Captain

Hi all

Today I just have a quick post of the Dark Vengeance Dark Angels Captain I've been painting up for a bit of fun. 

I have to say I really do like this model. The detail on it is really good. Again GW showing just what they can achieve with plastic when they put their minds to it.

So on with the pictures!







I found parts of the this model a little bit challenging. For a start the cream coloured robes I found difficult. I tend to stay away from cream cloth as I always find getting the shading and highlight right is difficult. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out on this model but I feel there is still room for improvement but as always practice make perfect. The other challenging part was the sword. Normally I would just do it as a silver metal but this time I felt that it needed something more. So I opened up the little 'Eavy Metal book I got in my edge paint box and decided I'd give the feathering technique in there a try. It was harder than I thought. The sword on the finished model was the third attempt at getting it right. While not perfect I think I managed to get a decent ish blend of the colours. The thing I'm really happy with on this model are the gold area's.    I changed my method for doing gold on this model. Partly because I wanted a more shiney gold on this model rather than the more brass/bronze shade I usually prefer and partly as a test for the Emperors Children I will hopefully be doing soon. I'll also be testing it on my Emperors Children Captain. 

Overall I'm happy with how its turned out and it has been a real pleasure to have a go at painting it. Think I'll give the Librarian a try next. 

Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave a comment be it good, bad or somewhere in between. 

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment