Skip to main content

Blackmane's Brief Return

Hi all.

It has been a long time since I last posted anything. In fact I think it's been a while since either myself or Zebulon posted anything. Well fear not we haven't been lost in the warp. For my part I have been extremely busy with university. I'm coming up to the end of my final year so there have been many assignments to do and an engineering project to write (that's our equivalent of a dissertation and is pretty much a dissertation in every sense). As such I haven't actually painted anything since I did Zebulon's Tau Barracuda for christmas as far as I can remember. 

However that doesn't mean that I haven't been keeping up with the hobby. As I stated in my last post back in February I bought one of every dwarf kit. I then went on to buy a Knight Titan as I also said I would. Since then I've also picked up the Astra Millitarum codex (I'm still not sure I like that name), the new plastic commissar, Araloth, 60+ Moria Goblins, various LotR metal models both named and unnamed, Kingdom Death Satan and many other bits and pieces. 

The next things I would like to get are 40k 7th edition, when it comes out of course, and the upcoming new Dystopian Wars rulebook. However these items may have to wait for a while and as much as I love 40k I'm leaning towards getting the dystopian wars book first once I do have the money to get them. I'm really looking forward to the updated dystoian wars rules as I'm hoping it help clean up a few rules and just make the rules a bit easier to understand. For example I'm still not entirely sure how the Fresnel class actually works so it would be nice to have better defined rules. As for 7th I think some of the rumoured changes sound quite promising though I would like fleet to go back to allowing an assault after running and 4+ feel no pain would be nice again (I'm thinking of my DE with both of these). 

Well that's all I have time for right now. After next Friday I should find myself with plenty of time to paint so I'm hoping to start getting a lot done as I'm really eager to get back to it. 

Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments be they good, bad or somewhere in between.

Blackmane 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Collecting Skitarii Review

Hey all, today I'm giving my little review on the new Start Collecting Skitarii box. Firstly for a GW price of  £50 ($85) these are exceptional value, in this box set the Dunewalker is £40, Rangers/Vanguard £23.50 and the Dominus £22. Even at £50, that's a £35.50 saving. If you're like me and bought it from an online store ( Goblin Gaming for me, 20% discount and £3.90 postage, just under 50% off standalone retail price)


Scenery: Imperial Sector Buildings WIP

Hi all

Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.

So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).

So lets get on with the pictures.


Drakwald Carnalites Minotaur WIP

Hey all.l,

I'm back today with the first WIP for my Carnalites. As somewhat of a tester for the team I picked the Minotaur as he has both armour and skin/fur that can be translated across the team.