Skip to main content

Building Mordheim : Lazer Cut Clocktower


Hey all,
so before the madness of Xmas I was planning on building some proper scenery for Mordheim. I've posted on this before here and here but felt that particular project was pretty awful in hindsight (it's been a while since we've played Mordheim and the WIP scenery just seemed to look dire). The new plan is to build more, but out of better materials then cardboard!

As I was looking on eBay for items I stumbled across as lazer cut clock tower from TT Combat that I thought would look very tasty as a piece in Mordheim. I was going to turn it into a crazy Skaven clocktower, but it is unfortunately smaller than I envisioned, anyway it's still a very nice piece!




It came in a pre-cut A4 sized piece of MDF and it was an absolute dream to put together, Very small attatchers to the frame but a sharp scalpel and it comes of with virtually no clean up needed. By looking at a picture assembly takes about 5 mins, each piece fits with millimetre precision, there was only one difficulty in piecing together and that was placing the actually clock room onto the pillar, the cutting is so accurate that it needs to go on virtually straight up, theres no room to put one side on then the next, the whole room need to sit on the base at the same time (apolagiese for no pics).



Everything else went together very quickly, no fuss. As you can see the roof and both clock faces come out, so you can position a character in the tower and have them sniping or whatever. As a funky piece of scenery I'd give this 10/10 best of all it only cost £3.95.


I've also bought another piece of scenery from The Troll Trader, some very nice gallows! 


Well thats all for now, sorry if this seems a bit rushed I've had a long day haha. Please feel free to leave comments below if you like what you've seen, whether it be good bad or inbetween!

Zebulon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Collecting Skitarii Review

Hey all, today I'm giving my little review on the new Start Collecting Skitarii box. Firstly for a GW price of  £50 ($85) these are exceptional value, in this box set the Dunewalker is £40, Rangers/Vanguard £23.50 and the Dominus £22. Even at £50, that's a £35.50 saving. If you're like me and bought it from an online store ( Goblin Gaming for me, 20% discount and £3.90 postage, just under 50% off standalone retail price)


Scenery: Imperial Sector Buildings WIP

Hi all

Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.

So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).

So lets get on with the pictures.


Drakwald Carnalites Minotaur WIP

Hey all.l,

I'm back today with the first WIP for my Carnalites. As somewhat of a tester for the team I picked the Minotaur as he has both armour and skin/fur that can be translated across the team.