Skip to main content

The Smaller Shadow in the Flame

Hi all.

Today I bring a model that I've done for my Moria goblin army.  In this case it's a Dweller in the Dark. For those not in the know a Dweller is essentially a mini Balrog. It' not as strong or tough as the trolls available to a moria goblin army but it is capable of moving a lot faster and will hit well enough to cause trouble. I kind of see it as a unit to move quickly down a flank, hit relatively hard and survive long enough to draw enemy models to it. I could see myself getting one or two more to go with this one.

So lets get on with some pictures.


 More after the jump.







It took me about 3 1/2 hours to paint. I'd already undercoated it awhile ago but as with many things it got put aside. So I got it out along with the hero's I've been working on (see my posts on Frodo, Gamling and Hama) and set to it. The only thing I forgot to do was the edge of the base. I'll go back and do that when I get chance. This also served as good practice for painting my Balrog. Yet another model I have, painted, decided I needed to redo it after a few years, stripped it and then put it aside. Still I would now feel more confident about tackling it after this smaller run through.

Well that's all for today. Thanks for having a look.

Blackmane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Collecting Skitarii Review

Hey all, today I'm giving my little review on the new Start Collecting Skitarii box. Firstly for a GW price of  £50 ($85) these are exceptional value, in this box set the Dunewalker is £40, Rangers/Vanguard £23.50 and the Dominus £22. Even at £50, that's a £35.50 saving. If you're like me and bought it from an online store ( Goblin Gaming for me, 20% discount and £3.90 postage, just under 50% off standalone retail price)


Scenery: Imperial Sector Buildings WIP

Hi all

Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.

So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).

So lets get on with the pictures.


Drakwald Carnalites Minotaur WIP

Hey all.l,

I'm back today with the first WIP for my Carnalites. As somewhat of a tester for the team I picked the Minotaur as he has both armour and skin/fur that can be translated across the team.