Covenant Of Antarctica: Pericles Class Drone Carrier

Hi all,

Today I bring another completed ship for my Covenant of Antarctica fleet. This time its the turn of the Pericles Class Drone Carrier, the last of the big ships I hadn't painted. I've enjoyed painting this model, though the assembly less so. I do quite like the model. Its quite different to the other carriers in that it doesn't have a big flight deck or anything. Instead it has its racks of drones and just launches them straight up into the air. Not quite sure how I'll go about using it in my fleet given Covenant drones aren't as good as other tiny flyers but I'm sure I'll think of a use for it. 

So on with the pictures.
 




I'm happy with how this ship has turned out. I had some trouble deciding whether the drone launch ranks should be the brass type colour or be silver metal like I've painted metal framework on other ships. Obviously I decided on silver. I'm glad I went this way as I think the brass colour would have been too overwhelming in such a large amount. Other than that I did everything else the same way as on my other ships and aircraft. My fleet is really starting to come together now and is looking rather good as a whole. 


Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments, be they good or bad or somewhere in between.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment