And now for something completely different.....

Hi all.

Today I bring a post that is a little different. A few days ago I was chatting to a couple of friends who asked me if I could do something for them. I should include a little bit of background here. They have recently been buying lego in order to complete sets that one of them already had from being a kid. This has led to them having a decent amount of lego. It also follows that they of course mess around making their own stuff. Now one of them is a fan of Frozen and she has been attempting to make the ice palace and related characters. 
This is the point at which I come in. You see she had a piece of lego hair for one of the characters but it wasn't the correct colour. So naturally they asked if I could possibly repaint the piece the colour they wanted. I of course said yes and so this post comes in to existence. 

Here are the 3 WIP pictures that I took as I was doing it. They show the start, middle and end of the paint job. The piece of hair next to the painted piece is the kind of colour I had to aim for. The piece to be painted started out brown. 





Overall it turned out pretty close to the piece I had to roughly match. I was allowed to add shading to the recesses to make it look much better. I started by basing it white before using washes of yellow to build the colour seen in the second picture. From there I used one of the pale yellowish edge paints (I forget the name) to add the highlight to the hair which led to the more or less finished piece in picture 3. It was a fun little distraction to all the other things I have to paint and was well worth it to help out my friends. Ironically they have now asked me to paint another piece that has a starting colour similar to the one I've done and paint it a red/brown colour which is very similar to how this one started haha. 

Well that's it for this post. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment