Skip to main content

The Warmth Of The Plague Father: Death Guard Rhino WIP


Hello all, I'm back again with the start of my new army for 8th! The Death Guard


After pouring over the Dark Imperium box the lure of Nurgle grabbed me and filled me with an infectious desire to built an army..... ok I'll stop with the disease puns now.  I've ordered the Death Guard portion of it from eBay and Im currently waiting for them to arrive. In the meantime I've started work on my first transport for them, just a basic rhino but with some conversion.


As you can see from the picture above its a repurposed rhino, from and attempt to make a Death Guard army when 7th initially came out. It's been cleaned up somewhat and modified. Instead of the top hatched sits a well with pipes and tentacles coming out of it.... No guesses whats in there then hahaha


This chaps face will be leading out of the well. I intend to place him and cover him in resin in a similar method to how I did my barrels from a previous post so you will be able to see him staring out


Ive never been very good with green stuff but I'm pretty chuffed with him! Adds a nice little detail to what is otherwise a box on wheels!


Lastly from the well theres are pipes/hoses. One of these as you may have noticed is connected to the flames, my though being either,  A. the slime from the daemon is flammable and they use that as promethium or B. It's not  a flamer.... more of a slower.. .. it dissolves skin and ceramine, rather then burning it. 

Well that's all for today. I'll have some more WIP pics soon when I get back from my holiday. As always feel free to leave a comment below whether it be good, be or inbetween.

Zebulon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Collecting Skitarii Review

Hey all, today I'm giving my little review on the new Start Collecting Skitarii box. Firstly for a GW price of  £50 ($85) these are exceptional value, in this box set the Dunewalker is £40, Rangers/Vanguard £23.50 and the Dominus £22. Even at £50, that's a £35.50 saving. If you're like me and bought it from an online store ( Goblin Gaming for me, 20% discount and £3.90 postage, just under 50% off standalone retail price)


Scenery: Imperial Sector Buildings WIP

Hi all

Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.

So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).

So lets get on with the pictures.


Drakwald Carnalites Minotaur WIP

Hey all.l,

I'm back today with the first WIP for my Carnalites. As somewhat of a tester for the team I picked the Minotaur as he has both armour and skin/fur that can be translated across the team.