For Sigmar!: Vandus Hammerhand

Hi all,

Today I've got a post on the leader of my Stormcast Eternals and as is befitting it's actually fallen that this is the 400th post here on Sign of the Aquila (It's only taken 8 years 10 months haha).

So Vandus is the nominal leader of my Stormcast force as I've chosen to do the Hammers of Sigmar with the core of my force being from the Hammerhands specifically. Finishing Vandus has been a long time coming. I started him Feb/March time. However myself and my partner were starting the process of buying a house so I started to scale my hobby activity back and pack stuff up. I finished a couple of other small hobby projects but as he wasn't close to finished I decided to leave him until I could dedicate the appropriate time required rather than rush to finish him.

Since we moved he has been sat in a box, I started work on a couple of LotR projects (see the posts from Friday 8th and Saturday 9th if you're interested and haven't seen them already), and I just generally found myself occupied with house related things (the list of small things to fix, do, etc, seems to keep growing). However with the announcement of new Stormcast reinforcements and a new edition, I thought I should probably work to get him finished. Not only that it also marks the last Stomcast to be finished from the original starter set I bought around winter time 2016 haha. He has however played in one game and I'm sure Zebulon could attest to how effective he was given he delt most of the wounds taken by his Oldblood on Carnosaur, swung the tide in favour of my stormcast in the fight against his cold one cavalry, before finishing the game landing the the killing blow on his Slann Mage Priest.

Lets take a look.

 









I'm really happy with how he's turned out despite the big gap between starting and finishing him, which I know for me can lead to the finished model looking a little disjoined in places sometimes. My only regret with this model is that when assembling him I failed to really think it through. I should have left him in a couple of sub assemblies but didn't and it did make life hard for me in places at times but there we go. Live and learn as they say. The only other thing I'll need to do on him is add some static grass to his base like my other Stormcast however I have yet to find it since moving but it'll turn up sooner or later no doubt haha. 

So there we go. My fearless leader and the 400th post all in one. Many thanks for taking the time to read our small corner of the internet here at Sign of the Aquila. If you have any comments please feel free to post the below. 

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment