Skip to main content

Ruins....at last

Finally here are some pictures of the ruins that I made using the template from the 4th edition rulebook. The only real difference is the first of the ruins which is bigger than the others. I made it using the same template but after drawing round it i then extended one side of it and 'repaired' the part of the wall that would have been broken.










The Floors were made using foamboard first then i added a layer of balsa wood on top that i gae cut to the right shape and scored to create the appearance of floorboards. The beams under the floor were made using pieces of sprue. The light grey area's on the exterior of the building were make with thin card and painted fortress grey. The floor boards were painted with a brown i mixed from some cheap red and yellow paint. The grey was also made by mixing some cheap black and white paint.

As always let me know whay you think.

Blackmane

On a side note some pictures of my Space Wolves should be up sometime this weekend, although they are not finished yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Collecting Skitarii Review

Hey all, today I'm giving my little review on the new Start Collecting Skitarii box. Firstly for a GW price of  £50 ($85) these are exceptional value, in this box set the Dunewalker is £40, Rangers/Vanguard £23.50 and the Dominus £22. Even at £50, that's a £35.50 saving. If you're like me and bought it from an online store ( Goblin Gaming for me, 20% discount and £3.90 postage, just under 50% off standalone retail price)


Scenery: Imperial Sector Buildings WIP

Hi all

Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.

So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).

So lets get on with the pictures.


Slaughterpriest Painting Challenge

Hey all, we're back today with another of myself and Blackmane's painting challenges. Since we both picked up the shiney new version of White Dwarf, we though it fitting to do a challenge based of the Slaughterpriest that came with it. 
We have 2 weeks from today to complete the model in anyway we see fit and then we will put it up as a poll to see who the victor is! 
On a slightly related note, myself and Blackmane have both moved house in the last couple of months each gaining a hobby room/studio. This explains our lack of posts recently and should allow us both increased content for our little blog which we hope you will enjoy going forward.
Paint brushes at the ready..... GO!!
=Z=