Dwarves WIP 1 (Pic Heavy)

Hi all

So this is the first post in quite a long time. Probably the longest without a post here on Sign of the Aquila. Since coming back home from university I've taken a little bit of a break from painting and such. Just to recharge my hobby batteries seen as I had turned out a lot of stuff just before coming back. As for Zebulon, he unfortunately is still without a laptop. Though I saw him about a week ago and he is still slaving away at the skaven horde and is also starting to give his Ultarmarines some attention in preperation for a game he's owed someone for a year or two in exchange for some terminators he was given.

Today I thought I'd bring SotA back to life with some WIP shots of my dwarfs as they stand at the minute. For the most part they're not all that far along really but hopefully that'll change over the next few weeks.

So on with the pictures.

First up my Dwarf Lord/Thane. He's about half done at the minute and will probably be the modle I start back on first, so expect pictures of a finished version soon.





This model I got second had with 26 warriors from the skull pass box. I used him to try out the colours I've chose for the army and I thought they worked well together. It was at that point I started work on the Dwarf Lord/Thane.


I have two runesmiths for the army when playing in larger games. They'll provide additional anti-magic in the form of various runes.



The crew for the first of the cannons I bought. Again these were second hand from the skull pass set and I did buy a second one as yo'll see further down. The cannon that goes along with these crewmen has already been painted.


The two units made up of skull pass dwarves. The main reason for getting these, other than the great price I got them all at, was to fill out my other warrior units or to make a couple of small units.


A unit of 10 thunderers from the skull pass box that I got from ebay. I got them so I'd have a small unit of them or to fill out my existing thunderer unit. As it stands they will probably be used as a small unit as I intened to use some left over dwarfs from my battalion box to fill up the other unit to 20.

The new warrior unit that I put together a few days ago. They don't have shields yet as these will be added after they've been painted so that I can get to everything. They were built in the movement tray so they'd all fit together when ranked up.


The second cannon for my army. These were bought on ebay at the same time as the thunderers above. I bought a second one so that I could have 2 cannons without having to assemble the one from the battalion box as one bcause I want to make that as an organ gun.
 

Lastly we have the two unit I pianted along time ago when I had intened to start a dwarf army for 7th ed. The colour scheme back then was purple and green. I don't know why I choose those but they they will be based and sprayed black and repainted in the new scheme. The units are a 17 strong warrior unit and a 16 strong thunderer unit.



Well that all for now and hopefully there won't be such a big gap between now and the next post like before. Thanks for reading and as always comments are most welcome.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment