Dwarf Army Project Log: Quarrellers Done

Hi all.

Today I bring an update to the Dwarf army I'm currently putting together and painting. A while back I posted a list, Dwarf Army Project Log: 1000pt List, and now I'm happy to announce that the first full unit for the army is complete. That unit, as you will have guessed from the title of today's post, are the Quarrellers. In the list I have 16 of them however the full unit I've painted up is 20 strong. Its taken me a little longer to get them done than I had originally intended but whats important is they are done now. I'm really happy with how they've turned out. The colour scheme I tested on my Dwarf Thane, here, has worked well across the unit. I'm happy it has as I really didn't want to have to start all over for the 2nd time (my planned colour scheme back when I first started my dwarfs, begnning of 7th ed, was green and purple. A unit of warriors and thunderers paid a high price for me discover it doesn't look good). I've also learned some good colours to use for beards and the appropriate washes to shade them with and colours to highlight with. So all in all I'm very happy.

And now for the some pictures.




 The symbol on the standard is that of my made up dwarf hold.
 A fun memeber of the unit I made to look like he's reloading the crossbow.
The colours I'm using for cloaks. I'll probably use these across the army. The veteran had a green cloak however I forgot to take a picture. I will probably be making any green cloaks in the furture a bit darker as I felt it was a bit too bright.

Well thats the first full unit done. now for the rest. As always thanks for taking the time to have a look and please feel free to leave any comments, be they good or bad or somewhere in between.

Blackmane

No comments:

Post a Comment