Skip to main content

Who is the painting challeneg winner?

Hama Complete

Hi all.

So another quick post to show my completed Hama model for my Rohan army. For anyone who doesn't know who Hama is, he is the unfortunate guy who is the first to be killed by a warg during the warg attack in The Two Towers. 

More after the jump.




I'm quite happy with how he's turned out. As with Gamling he was pretty straight forward to do. Now they are done I'm just left with Eomer and Eowyn to re paint and a couple of other Rohan hero's to do that I haven't even taken out their blister packs yet. However I have plenty of other projects to do before I get to those which I sure is a situation many of you out there are familiar with. 

Now for a couple of side notes. Myself and Zebulon recently decided to do one of our occasional painting challenges and there is currently a vote running on the blog. If you haven't already checked it out you can find it here. The pole itself can be found in the top right corner. Voting ends today at either 10pm or 11pm BST.

Secondly there's a new blog that I would like to promote. It's called Word and Witchcraft. It's a blog just started by my girlfriend as a place where she can post short stories, poem's, etc that she's written. She has ambitions to be a writer and thought a blog would be a good place to test her wrting skills and see what people think of the kind of things she wants to write. It'll be primarily fantasy based stoires. So please check it out and see what you think.

Well that's all for now, thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Blackmane

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start Collecting Skitarii Review

Hey all, today I'm giving my little review on the new Start Collecting Skitarii box. Firstly for a GW price of  £50 ($85) these are exceptional value, in this box set the Dunewalker is £40, Rangers/Vanguard £23.50 and the Dominus £22. Even at £50, that's a £35.50 saving. If you're like me and bought it from an online store ( Goblin Gaming for me, 20% discount and £3.90 postage, just under 50% off standalone retail price)


Scenery: Imperial Sector Buildings WIP

Hi all

Its been a while since anything new was posted on SotA which I think has been due to both myself and Zebulon having a little break from doing anything major. I've been tinkering with a few bits and pieces for the last few weeks and now find myself ready to get back into the swing of things.

So first up are the buildings from the Imperial Sector box. I was lucky enough to find this box in my local store at the old price of about £52 rather than the new £70 price. I hadn't intended to buy it but I knew I'd regret not buying it. It took me a couple of weeks to assemble the buildings which was slow by my standards (due to the decreased nature of hobby activities).

So lets get on with the pictures.


Drakwald Carnalites Minotaur WIP

Hey all.l,

I'm back today with the first WIP for my Carnalites. As somewhat of a tester for the team I picked the Minotaur as he has both armour and skin/fur that can be translated across the team.