SotA Christmas Showdown: An Overview

Well, the dust has settled on the battlefield and Blackmane and my self had a pretty tough match, with bot armies fighting valiantly, however there could only be one winner, so congrats to Blackmane on his victory. I do have the full battle report and I will post it when I remember everything, but for now here is in outline of what happened.

Battle Missions: Ambush
Attacking force is deployed in the middle of the board, within 6" of the centre line, and more than 12" from the longest edges. The defending player can then postion anywhere he want on the board (if i remember rightly).

Turn 1:
Combat saw my Tau commander dragged away by Blackmanes Hellions, but took out 2 of them.
Archon dropped the webway portal
Broadside shot the Archons shield away.

Turn 2:
Blackmane failed to gain any reserves, after failing his roll.
Tau commander got dragged further away, but took out another 2 Hellions
The death of the Tau bodyguard who was shot by embarked Kabalite Warriors

Turn 3:
The arrival of Hesperex, who promptly changed into CC with my Broadside, which held her off in Blackmanes combat, but perished in mine
The disembarking of both my Fire Warrior squads and the prompt shooting and death of Hesperex.
Tau commander failed in combat and detonated his Fail Safe, taking out the last Wych
The death of 2 Tau Stealth team units

Turn 4:
The arrival of Blackmanes Wyches, who then chewed through one Fire Warrior Squad
The Gunning down of the other Fire Warrior squad, from embarked Kabailites, leaving me with 3 models in the unit.
The death of my stealth team Shas'ui.
The immobilisation of a Devilfish

Turn 5:
 The tanks shock of Blackmanes Wyches, and subsequent vehicle immobilised.

Game ended on turn 5

There is more detail to it than that, and it will be posted ,but I need to consult with Blackmane on the finer details. So for now, Blackmane is the reigning SotA champion. Well Done!.

No comments:

Post a Comment