Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed But Always Blue!

Today I bring greeting from Macragge in the form of the power armoured version of Lord Calgar, I did this some months ago and fully intended to post it, but then the Tau seemed to get all the attention..... As much as I do like the new Calgar in his Termy armour, there's something I can't quite place that draws me to this model, which explains why I have two of them...


Calgar was, I think, the 3rd or 4th model I picked up for 40k after a Devastator with Plasma Cannon and my beloved Dreadnought (that too is currently getting a redux). I had been toying for a while with the idea of stripping down my older version and doing him again and I had also bid on a cleaned up version on Ebay (this was before GW re-released him), but the Emperor smiled on me and presented me with a Calgar sans backpack, for only £2. Bargain. The only problem was....

He looked like he'd been dunked in playdough....(the one on the right...) The original Calgar (above, left) was for a long time one of the better minis I had painted and had never really thought to update him until Blackmane presented me with a fully painted Calgar and Honour Guard Squad.

What followed was many hours soaking him, scrubbing him, chipping at him....



Until he was ready to be rejuvenated....


This is actually the only picture of the two of them together I have at the minuet, as through the masses of blue I have in boxes, I can't actually find the original. Hmmm.......

Anyway, I was relatively pleased with how God Mk.III came out, whilst not admittedly the best mini I've ever painted he is definitely better than the original and infinitely better than when I got him! Not really an informative post I know but thats what happens when you get all nostalgic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment